Friday, May 16, 2008

Semi-Jobless

So, the job at the temp agency didn't work out. Actually, I've been quite unimpressed with this particular temp agency overall. Perhaps my expectations were too high--it is, after all, the first time that I've used one--but everyone who works for the agency seems to hate their job, and they don't listen very well. Supposedly they communicate with the job seekers (e.g. me). You know, trivial things like the nature of the interested company, the expected length of the job, the pay, the job description (I know what they're supposed to tell me; after all, I watched their "what to expect" video at least twelve times)...the person "helping" me somehow forgot to mention, oh, all of those things, until I pressed her for them. All she told me initially was to "Go meet Debby at 1pm."
I asked for more information, and it turned out to be a job I wasn't qualified for, working with money (which I hate), away from people, and it was a permanent position. Hm, maybe not. And then she acted annoyed with me for declining.
So, I'm thinking I'll be contacting some other temp agencies this week...
I'm really not too disappointed about the one she mentioned not working out, although I do hope to land a few receptionist jobs before I head off to Europe. Besides, I'm sort of enjoying this phone-calling job. I get to talk to some very entertaining old people. Plus, I can do it all outside in the backyard.

No comments: