Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Joblessness

Today I took the bus downtown, hung out with some friends from school who have also moved home to Portland, browsed Powell's, watched crazy pigeons at the waterfront, hunted for (and found) a fig-roll-selling bakery in the Pearl, was accosted by Green Peace people, rode the streetcar for the first time, finally purchased my own copy of A Wrinkle in Time (yay for gift cards), and saw a duckling stuck in a manmade fountain-pond. (The last one was a bit sad really. The walls were just too tall for him, as much as he frantically leapt and re-leapt...his eight siblings seemed to do alright, though...)

All in all, a good day. -sigh- It saddens me to know that once I have a "real job" I won't be able to do such things on random Wednesday afternoons.

No comments: