Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another job application

Once again today I applied for a job for which I am unqualified. This time it was to be a Refugee and Immigrant Services Program Assistant. I'm not bilingual. And technically I'm not familiar with the computer programs they asked for (e.g. Adobe PageMaker). But I explained all of that away in the cover letter, and told them they should hire me anyway.
Mercy Corps never got back to me; we'll see if these people do.
Job-applying is different now, even from when I first started looking for jobs out of high school. The postings don't include phone numbers, and then on top of that specifically state not to call them (in case you get all stealthy and look up the phone number by other means).
There's no one to harass.
Oh well.
God's taking care of all that part. At least I have a job to pay the bills in the meantime.
And I have an appointment to meet with Catholic Charities next week, so at least I'll be able to spend some time volunteering within my passion/skill-set, even if no one will pay me to do it.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a job right up your alley!

Jamie said...

Keep us posted on your job outcome. There will be something out there in God's timing. :-)