Sunday, October 12, 2008

Swan Lake

Last night my roommate and I had the chance to attend opening night of the ballet Swan Lake. It was lovely. And much more convenient to attend than past ventures from the suburbs: just a ten minute walk, and no traffic-hassles.
I must say, though, that some children should not be allowed to go to the ballet. Particularly paper-crumpling, walking, loudly-talking, restless, seat-kicking children. Actually, I don't think their parents should be allowed, either.
Fortunately, they left before the fourth act. And--even while they were there--the ballet itself was still beautiful. Some of the lifts were astounding. I don't know anything about the technique and nuance of ballet dancing, but from an uninitiated perspective, it was thoroughly impressive and entertaining.
I do always feel particularly klutzy for a few days after watching the gracefulness of the dancers, though. Oh well.

No comments: