Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guilty as Charged

I feel like a criminal.

I just received a very official-looking notice in the mail, that I have in fact stolen--gasp--a library book.

It's from the library system at my old house. I thought I had returned it before I moved. Now I owe the library an embarrassingly large fine/replacement fee. Twenty years, and I've never owed the library any amount into double-digits, as far as I remember. Until now. I almost don't want to go pay it, because I'm ashamed to admit that I have joined the ranks of those people. People who lose library books. Of course, I will pay it, because it's the right thing to do (and I'll do it promptly, because they'll send a bill-collection agency after me if I don't).

Sigh.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

-gasp-

Kathy said...

Sigh...I'm sorry!

photojhh said...

And I thought we had raised you well. Oh well, there goes that theory. Now that you've tasted crime, what's nefarious deed is next? ;-)

Jamie said...

No doubt you will find your lost library book as soon as you pay the fine! :-)