Monday, February 8, 2010

Latest forecast

I don't know how well it shows in the pictures, but the main roads around here have been plowed (although still extremely slick and narrow) and most things are open as usual today. I'm glad, however, that I don't have to try to drive anywhere today. Fortunately, I know at least one person who is very comfortably driving in snow and has four-wheel drive, so I'm totally fine if I do end up needing to go somewhere.

The latest forecast I heard this morning: It's supposed to get just above freezing today, and things will begin to thaw, then tonight/tomorrow it will drop into the 20s and freeze everything that has thawed and on Tuesday we're expected to get 6-12 more inches of snow. So I'm really glad I won't be trying to drive anywhere then.

Since I don't have to drive anywhere, though, I have to say I'm enjoying the wintriness of this week.

No comments: