Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I hate money

So, today I got a stern letter warning me that my renter's insurance payment is overdue, and that I must pay it soon or bad things will happen. It's my Portland policy, which I thought had canceled. Long story. But I dealt with it, and it's fine now.

Not five minutes after straightening it out, I get this message on my cell: "This is the Fraud Prevention Center at US Bank. We need you to call us back to review some potentially fraudulent activity on your account number XXXX. This is important. It is not a sales call." Heart attack. Phishing? Identity theft? Something else I forgot or got wrong that would haunt my financial life forever?! I called US Bank directly, and got routed to the fraud department. It was a real call, but nothing is actually wrong. I started breathing again.

And then my tax documents came in the mail. Bah.

I hate money. Being a grown-up is stressful.

(I did get a phone call from my almost-three-year-old nephew this afternoon, though. And that made the day much cheerier.)

No comments: