Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back by popular demand

So, I've received complaints that I haven't updated recently. That's probably because there isn't much to say. Really.
Um...
I made phone calls for eight and a half hours today. And I didn't talk to a single grumpy person, which made me quite happy. (Of course, most of them were answering machines, but hey.)
-long pause-
Yep.
Right now I'm watching the Olympics, and the crazy-identical Chinese synchronized divers. They look like the same person twice. And I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that the American Mary Beth who's competing against them isn't really pulling through as my namesake. It must be because she's a capital-B Mary Beth. The niggling knowledge that her first name isn't quite right is obviously throwing off her groove.
Oh, one actual piece of news: I think I found an apartment, so I'll probably be moving soon! Yay. Finally.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Glad to have you back!! :) I'm praying the apartment works out and that you talk to nice people today too.

Amanda said...

Yay for pleasant people on the phone, having one's name spelled correctly, (hopefuly) moving soon into a sweet apartment, and city buses that have the little displays which show the stop names.

Jamie said...

Aunt Mary,
I look forward to reading your regular posts again now that you are back. Thanks for playing with me last week too. I have a great time.

Love,
Daniel-man