Friday, February 27, 2009

A bittersweet parting

Well, Mobius moved to a foster home yesterday. The shelter waiting list to put a cat up for re-adoption is two months. (That's a long time to deal with a cat who at any moment may fling herself out the window.) Apparently, though, my flatmate has a co-worker who has been wanting a cat for a long time, but couldn't get one because she's a student and will be leaving in the summer. She was thrilled to hear she could take Mo until the shelter is able to take her back. Last night she came over and met the cat, and decided to give it a try.

I hope to find a good home for Mobius between now and her turn on the shelter list, so she doesn't have to go live in a little cage again. I'm glad I don't have to worry about her falling to her death every ten minutes, but I miss her. She's such a sweet and affectionate and quirky cat. Sigh. If only we didn't have these windows. :(

No comments: