Sunday, February 22, 2009

La iglesia (church)

I went to Spanish church today. It was fantastic. I think this might be the new Sunday routine: English service at 9, Sunday school at 10, Spanish service at 11, Cambodian lunch at 12. I was excited to find that I understood the sermon, and didn't even have to concentrate so hard to understand it that I missed the content. The pastor speaks extremely clearly, and apparently Spanish had soaked into me pretty well, even given the four-year French-only environment I suffered in Canada. The people there, too, were happy and friendly and glad I came, and say I'm welcome to come worship with them and practice Spanish any time. Oh, and the music was mariachi. Perfecto.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Well, I'm sure the baptists missed you, but I'm glad church was good! I remember how much fun Romanian church was...but I don't speak Romanian. Even so.

Marybeth said...

Actually, this is all at the baptist church. They have English, Spanish, and Cambodian services, all in the same building.