Thursday, September 4, 2008

Social-ness

Living downtown is fun. (Did I mention that?)
Yesterday I hung out with three friends: a vegan sign-language-interpreter I know from high school, then a girl I'd never met who's from Vermont but just finished traveling the world and is thinking about becoming a Rabbi and then opening her own restaurant (she's a friend of a friend), and then a native Portlander-friend whom I met in Canada who brought over wine and fresh vegetables so we could make stir-fry together. Any free time in there was spent wandering around looking for inexpensive (aka free) haunts and admiring the green-ness of my neighborhood.
Life is good.
I am hoping that my employers have more work for me soon (you know, little things like paychecks end up being important when you're trying to buy food and shelter). But in the meantime, at least life is entertaining.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Friends are wonderful!!! :)

photojhh said...

Indeed, Mom is envious of your view! BTW, if any of your readers wants to see what the "green-ness of your neighborhood" looks like, they can see photos here. :-)

Jamie said...

It sounds like you are in a fun location, Mary. I am glad that you are enjoying your new friends and place.