Monday, September 15, 2008

Another whim

I randomly applied for a receptionist job with Mercy Corps today. I don't think I'm actually qualified for it, but we'll see what happens. As much as I love the people I work with at my current job, it would be nice to know I'll get a full week's worth of work each week. And to get out of the house and interact with people in person a bit more. If--miraculously--the job pans out, I'm hoping to do some sort of combo deal, where I don't entirely quit what I'm doing now.
I'm also in touch with people from IRCO (the Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization) and Catholic Charities, both of which have volunteer opportunities in Portland's refugee populations. So hopefully I'll be out among people more, anyway.
Still looking for a church, though...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Any new news on the job front? Daniel was wondering. :-)