Monday, August 27, 2012

Baptism by Steam - St. Louis

We are officially east of the Mississippi River, in Mount Vernon, Illinois.

Most of the day, however, was spent in St. Louis.  My cousin and his family live there, so it was a chance to connect with them for the afternoon.
If you want to be incredibly encouraged about the work of God in the midst of really hard things, check out their family's blog, Tulips and Rembrandts.

My mom and I also spent some time wandering along the Mississippi waterfront near the Gateway Arch.
The humidity is exciting here.  As my cousin's wife put it, they were giving us Oregonians a "baptism by steam" today.  (As West-coasters themselves originally, they would know.)  I think there should be a rule against sweating without exertion, though.  Seriously.

No comments: