Saturday, July 23, 2011

Changes

So, a lot has happened since my last post: the house I'm living in has sold, I received (and declined) a job opportunity with the same organization I applied to last fall, and I am now packed and ready to head back to the West Coast for a bit.

It all happened quite fast.  But it's good.  I'm excited.  Crazy fun things await me on my home coast.

I'll miss this quirky, eclectic city, though.  The distinctive neighborhoods, the wicked thunderstorms, the rowhouses, the fireflies, the way everything is so crammed together out here.

Mostly the people, though.  I found me good people here.

So, it's good, but it's a little sad, too.

I guess moving is like that.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Yeah, moving is like that. I always make a list of things I'll miss and things I won't miss, so I can look at it when I'm tempted to romanticize the place.

I'm just glad to see your boxes have lids this time. :)