Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Okay, I think it's true this time...

So, I think I actually--barring unforseen disaster--will be meeting my Karen family tomorrow. (Maybe I just jinxed it, though, by daring to declare it.) Yes. I don't think we're supposed to have any blizzards, and I don't appear to be ill, and there haven't been any catastrophic incidents disrupting the public transportation system...I think it will happen.

Hopefully it will go well. I'm sort of nervous. Mostly because I don't know that the coordinator ever fully appreciated my insistence that I do not speak enough of the Karen language to act as an interpreter (and I'm sure the fact that I'm studying Russian right now will really help with what limited skills I do--or at least did--have). I guess we'll just see how it all unfolds...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!!! You'll do great. :)

photojhh said...

I'll pray for you to have wisdom and eloquence. (Eloquence in the Karen language of course, rather than Russian.) :-)