Saturday, January 17, 2009

A day of whims...

It is a beautiful day today, can I just say?

I signed up for a wheel-throwing pottery class this afternoon. I am beyond excited. Ever since seeing the pottery-guy on Reading Rainbow when I was, what, five?, I've wanted to know how it feels to have the wet clay spinning in my hands, and to watch it change shape as I change the pressure. And today I decided, why not now? So I found a nearby class, called them, and enrolled. I start in March.

Then I gave myself a haircut.

Who knows what else this spontaneity could bring...maybe I'll get on the first streetcar I see, and then get off at a random stop just to see where I end up. Or tour the library's eco-friendly roof. Or stop in at the Oregon Historical Society Museum next door. Or open a cookbook and make the first dish I see. Or something.

Hopefully I won't push anything out the window to watch it shatter on the ground, though. That's one of those spontaneous urges I get sometimes that makes me grateful for inhibitions.

1 comment:

photojhh said...

Regarding "grateful for inhibitions": Wow, I'm glad you're not prone to getting drunk! With urges like pushing things out the window, I'm glad you don't have anything reducing your inhibitions! ;-)