Thursday, June 19, 2008

He's back!

Well, almost four hours and an expensive fan-purchase later, my computer is finally back and working (better than it has in years, actually). It was horrifying to see how much dust had accumulated inside the air vents; there was a solid block of compressed dust next to the fan which was completely blocking the air passage. No wonder he kept overheating. (Seeing it made me feel rather embarrassingly untidy, but my dad claims that it's just a bad design to collect dust in such a way; in either case, ew.) But now he's all cleaned out and set with a new fan. I've decided that taking computers apart and putting them back together is fun (especially when they actually work better when you put them back together than when you take them apart...Dad might have had something to do with that part).
Anyway, I'll probably actually blog more often again, now that I have a computer. Of course, I'm leaving for Europe in less than ten days, so the revival may be short-lived. Oh well.

2 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Whoah, it makes it look like I was censored or something. -cocked eyebrow-

I was just saying "eww" to the dust... :) Looking forward to a new "yay" section! I missed it on Sunday.