Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers

Happy Father's Day!
For Mother's Day, I shared a poem. I don't know of any father-poems off the top of my head. I'm sure there must be a sentimental one or two somewhere...
Dad's are definitely great enough to deserve some poetry in their honor, and much better poetry than the Hallmark people give to us.
Oh, here, I just thought of one, not from Hallmark at all:
Dad is great!
He gives us chocolate cake!
Short and sweet.
:)
We did Father's Day yesterday, really, with a nice taco lunch and some barbecue (there's nothing quite like freshly grilled corn on the cob...mmm). But I think we're having waffles today, and there are rumours that we're going to go on a photographically-inviting outing this afternoon so he can play with his camera. Which is great, because then I can play with mine, too.
I took some pictures the other day in Champoeg State Park (while I was trying out my backpack by hiking with it all packed, and deciding that it works wonderfully but that I'm really out of shape), but I haven't had the chance to post them yet, what with my computer being broken and such.

No comments: