Monday, June 9, 2008

Corvallis

Yesterday I headed down to Corvallis again to hang out with my friend Julie and do some final Europe-planning. It happened to be the same day as her OSU Chamber Choir concert, so I went to that (which was beautiful), but generally I just hung around and distracted Julie from her upcoming finals. Bwa ha ha.
This afternoon before I drove back up to Portland, we watched Disney's The Rescuers (you know, cute little mice--one with a charming Hungarian accent--rescue a poor little orphan girl from the psychotic pawn-shop-running, crocodile-raising, diamond-obsessed villain Medusa?). Ah, memories. Some traumatic memories, it's true (she's one scary lady), but nostalgia-inducing nonetheless.
Sunday school at her church was also really fun this morning. It's taught by a prof at OSU, and they're going through the ten commandments. Today was on the "Do not kill" commandment, and we had a lively (and pleasant) discussion ranging from imago dei to vegetarianism to capital punishment to retribution. Very interesting. It almost (but not quite) made me wish I was still in school right now.

No comments: