Wednesday, June 9, 2010

An overdue post

I actually have started many blog posts over the last couple months. I just haven't finished most of them, because I can't get them to come out quite right. Or I put them aside and then by the time I come back to them they aren't relevant anymore. So, while it may look like I have abandoned you all, I haven't really. It just looks like it.

So, a post! Three celebratory things this week:

1) I am currently wearing a hoody and not sweating! For those of you in Oregon with your rain, that may not be very meaningful. But for those of us here where it has been in the 90s (in May! the East coast is so uncivilized) and humid, it is quite exciting. It's not actually cool enough to demand a hoody, but I'm wearing one because I can. It's the principle of the thing.

2) The fireflies are here! For those of you from places where fireflies are a ho-hum summerly occurrence, this may not be exciting. But for those of you in/from Oregon, where we don't have fireflies (I know! the West coast can be uncivilized, too), it is momentous. Yes, I have been acting like a three-year-old, gasping in delight and pointing them out to bored locals. Sue me. I'm excited.

3) I made curry today using fennel from my very own fennel plant in the backyard! Self-explanatory celebrativeness. (Celebratoryness? No, I like celebrativeness better.)

Okay, back to...whatever else I end up doing this evening. In my hoody. :)

4 comments:

photojhh said...

Maybe you can get a picture of the fireflies doing their fireflying thing! :-)

Grandpa & Grandma said...

I always loved fireflies and that is one thing Oregon is lacking.

Christine said...

I envy your hoodiness.

Amanda said...

Yay for fireflies!