Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Let's go, guys

Today's the big day. The U.S. needs to beat Algeria this morning (okay, they could tie and still squeak through to the elimination rounds, but only if the England-Slovenia game goes in certain ways...it will be much simpler if we just win). Once we know how that game goes, I can decide how I want the Group D games this afternoon to go. I really want Germany to beat Ghana--not least so I can gloat over my Ghanaian friend--but I also don't want the U.S. to face Germany in the first round of eliminations, because then one of my teams will immediately eliminate the other. Not cool. (I wish they weren't in adjacent groups like that. Sigh.) So, they need to work it out so they're either both first or both second in their respective groups. Come on, guys. You can do it. (And remember, U.S. guys: scoring before the other team is often helpful for winning...)

No comments: