Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Frankfurt

Ay, Prague feels like it was a really long time ago. So does Vienna. Probably because I've been to Venice, Padova, Foggia, Rome, Vernazza and Paris since then. And I'm only halfway done! (Bwa ha ha.)

Well, I'm off to bum around in Frankfurt while I wait for my mum to arrive tonight. I'm growing rather fond of it here. Perhaps because it reminds me a bit of Portland: lots of trees and green spaces, random events along the waterfront, people on bicycles everywhere... The public transit is way better here, though. I'm going to miss that when I come home. Oh, and Paris just installed bike rental racks all around the city: you buy a card that lets you unlock them and ride them wherever, and I think you drop them at any of the racks (similar to the ZipCar system, for those familiar with that). I think Portland should look into that.

Okay, I'm off. Later.

No comments: