Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bread

Thanks to my Oregon-siblings gifting me with a bread-making book for Christmas, I have been baking bread like a crazy person.  I actually don't eat sandwhich-type bread too much, so in bread books I go straight for the fun and unusual ones.  Braided breads are a particular favorite, just because they're so darn pretty.

My favorite of the moment, though?  Chopped apple bread.  You make this lovely yeast dough, roll it out, fold apples and raisins and walnuts and brown sugar into it, then hack the whole thing into random little pieces and scoop the fragments into a bread pan.  The resulting bread is fluffy and apple-y and delicious.  And the hacking-to-bits part is wickedly satisfying.

I have been making it far too often.  Good thing I'm finding people to foist my baking upon.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am glad you are enjoying your book. I will have try out this apple goodness soon. :-)