Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Sigh

Last night I went to an outdoor "movie on the lawn" screening of The Princess Bride, and afterwards a friend and I got some ice-cream bars and sat outside and chatted until after midnight.

Then this morning I headed over to the farmers market, got some berries and summer squash and peppers and fresh eggs, got caught in a glorious rainstorm on the way home and stood on my back porch luxuriating in it before heading inside to make blueberry scones and tea.

And I have no plans at all this weekend, except watching the World Cup final with some friends, and probably making something particularly amazingly delicious with my squash. And maybe a nap or two.

Oh, and my cilantro plant--which I thought I had killed by transplanting it--is alive! It's sprouting new, hearty little cilantro leaves all over it.

Sigh.